Thursday, September 30, 2010

Free time for mom....finally!

Well, school has been in session for several weeks now, and I'm happily enjoying the first few hours of free time I've had in years. Monday through Thursday I have the afternoon to myself to do whatever I want to do - no waiting on children constantly, no putting things off till later because I'm following the kids around. It has been amazing. I've been working a lot on the story that's been stuck in my head for over a year. It may actually get written in its entirety which would be an awesome accomplishment for me. Other than that, the house remains cleaner than it has been in years and laundry gets done regularly. It's a potent thing free time. I recommend it to anyone feeling a bit run down. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done sometimes.

In other news, both the Chief and Beaker are enjoying school this year. I'm amazed at how much Beaker has learned already. Just a few weeks ago I couldn't even get her to consider writing her letters. Now she writes her name beautifully. It's not perfect, but at least I can tell what it says. Anyway, we are really pleased with how the kids are doing. Here they are ready for the bus to come.



Sometimes it hard to believe that we've come this far in our life as a family - both kids in school, dissertation almost finished. I'm so blessed to have an amazing family. Furthermore, I've been blessed with so many wonderful, supportive people in my life - family and friends. I can't thank you enough.

Cheers to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment