Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year...a New Adventure

Well, it's been months since my last post and reasonably so. In the fall, we started to anticipate the end of our time in Ann Arbor. The Brain worked endlessly to finish his dissertation, so he could take a postdoc fellowship at Queens University in Kingston, Ontario. The kids played as much as they could with their friends in Northwood V and I began organizing, cleaning, and packing boxes. Months of hard work have finally come to an end. After a chaotic move from Michigan to Kingston during blizzard conditions, we have enjoyed the holidays with family and survived the trip back to Canada. We've been in our new apartment less than a week, but everyone seems to be adjusting well.

The kids began school today with nervous anticipation. Here they are all ready to go:

It was short walk across City Park to take the kids to school. From there, I walked the Brain to his office building which is a block from the school and headed back to the apartment for my first morning alone....ever. It's been a little to quiet for my taste, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Here's a few photos of our new place:



The white walls go on forever thanks to our 10 foot ceilings, so something will have to be done about that as well as the terrible 1970s curtains. But you certainly can't beat the view.


The house looking thing is the Kingston Yacht Club building which you can see from our balcony. The other view is from our front windows. That's Lake Ontario and Wolfe Island. It's beautiful and if I'm up early enough I can watch the sunrise.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. We really enjoyed our time with family in Michigan, but we're happy to be home and moving forward with our new adventure in Canada. We miss all our friends terribly, so I'm certain we'll be in touch with everyone soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment