Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Good Day

Nothing particularly exciting happened today. But, sometimes that's just what I need. Zu Zu and I took the bus downtown to have lunch with Clay. It's become a bit of a tradition since school started. With the Chief gone all day, we thought it would be nice to do something special just the three of us. So Thursdays are our special days.

Now for those of you who think the Chief is getting the short end of the stick, let me assure you that the Chief is never on the short end of anything. He can wheel and deal better than anyone I know and his gift ensures that he gets his way more often than I care to admit.

We also made cookies, which means we got to eat cookie dough, and who doesn't love that? Cooking with Zu Zu is always an adventure. She tried to convince me to let her eat a piece of cookie dough the size of a golf ball. Even after I told her no, she got down from her stool and tried to grab it off the counter. Hilarious. Needless to say, she needs the Chief to give her some pointers on how to get her way.

The day ended on a cheery note when Clay put the kids to bed, so I could work on my story. I'm on page 40 now, which isn't significantly father than I was before. But it feels great just the same, like I've crossed another milestone.

Think I'll go to bed while everything is still good. Who knows? Maybe it will carry into tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment