Sunday, October 4, 2009

Something different

It's true. My blog is not full of poetic prose or gritty detail about the everyday happenings of our little clan. I don't offer up bits of wisdom or witticism. What can I say? I'm a practical sort of person with practical ideas about blogging. Despite this fact, and ignoring good sense all together, I've decided to confess my funny little hobby.

Be kind. And if not that, indulgent.

For those of you that don't know I'm writing a novel. I know. Hard to believe isn't it? I can't even post to my blog regularly, so a novel is a bit of a stretch of the imagination. Go ahead, shake your head in disbelief. I can hardly believe it myself.

Needless to say, it's a very slow process, but going pretty well so far. I have over 30 pages typed up in Word and lots more to transcribe out of my notebook. Call me a sucker for old-fashioned things. There's just something about a pad of paper and pen that appeals to my creativity more than sitting in front of a computer screen.

So, there it is for the world to see. I'm hoping this confession will encourage me to write a bit more often. Now that everyone knows I have to continue, right? I hope to post updates on my progress alongside the daily happenings of the family. Hopefully it will add a little bit of flavor to this otherwise practical column.

Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. yay i was so excited to see another post :) it would be great to read about what goes on in your daily life, as well as the progress you make on your novel :) maybe blogging will help keep those writing juices flowing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I am impressed! Can't wait to hear more about it when we move back.

    ReplyDelete